I have no greater joy than to hear that my children walk in truth. -III John 1:4
October Bible Quiz- The Exodus
The October Bible quiz is on the subject of The Exodus. One of the best known sections of the Old Testament, the book
of Exodus dramatically demonstrates God's providential care. Over and over the book teaches the lesson that God blesses those
who are obedient to His will.
If you need help, this link will take you to a website where you can view the book of Exodus in King James Version
and American Standard Version. Link to Exodus
1. What was the fourth plague that God sent to trouble Egypt? - (Exodus 8:20)
2. Who was the man who lead the children of Israel out of Egyptian captivity? - (Exodus 3:10)
3. To what tribe of Israel did Moses and Aaron belong? - (Exodus 2:1-10)
4. Which of the following was NOT one of the reasons that Pharaoh decided to deal harshly with the Israelites? - (Exodus
The Israelites didn't bow to their gods
He did not
people of Israel were too mighty
people of Israel were too numerous
5. What were the names of the Hebrew midwives? - (Exodus 1:15)
Raamses and Pithim
Shiphrah and Puah
Rachel and Leah
Jochebed and Miriam
6. How many sisters did Zipporah have? - (Exodus 2:16-21)
7. Which of the following was NOT something that God said to Moses at the burning bush? - (Exodus 3:4-6)
"Take off your shoes"
"The place where you
are standing is holy ground"
"Do not come near."
"Bow down before me"
8. Which brother was older, Moses or Aaron, and how many years difference was there in their ages? - (Exodus 7:7)
Aaron by 3 years
Moses by 3 years
Aaron by 5 years
Moses by 5 years
9. What was the first plague that the Egyptian magicians were not able to duplicate? - (Exodus 8:18)
plague - blood
plague - frogs
third plague - lice (gnats)
plague - flies
10. What did Moses use to make boils appear on the Egyptian people? - (Exodus 9:9-10)
11. How many omers are in one ephah? - (Exodus 16:36)
12. What was the tenth and final plague that God sent to trouble Egypt? - (Exodus 11:4-5)
murrain on livestock
darkness over the land
death of the first born
13. Who was Moses father-in-law? - (Exodus 3:1)
14. What happened to the Egyptians chariots as they tried to cross the Red Sea in pursuit of the Israelites? - (Exodus
their drivers were blinded
they lost their wheels and drove
the horses became
panicked and overturned the chariots
the chariots were consumed by fire
15. What was the name of the place where the Israelites could not drink the water because it was bitter? - (Exodus 15:23)
16. What happened to any manna that was not gathered by the people of Israel? - (Exodus 16:21)
It became quail in the evening
It remained until the next morning
It would melt in the sun
It grew foul and wormy
17. Who helped Aaron hold up Moses hands to insure the victory against Amalek? - (Exodus 17:10-13)
18. Which one of the following did God allow the Israelites to use for building His altars? - (Exodus 20:24-25:)
19. Who went up the mountain with Moses to receive the stone tablets? - (Exodus 24:12-13)
Nadab and Abihu
20. What stones did God include among the offerings for the tabernacle besides the ones to be used for the ephod? - (Exodus
Bonus: Which one of the Ten Commandments is not commanded again and expanded upon in the New Testament? - (Matthew 5:21-35;
Acts 17:29; James 5:12; Ephesians 6:2; Hebrews 13:4; Ephesians 4:28; Romans 7:7; Ephesians 5:3-5; Matthew 22:37-38; Matthew
Thou shalt not kill
Thou shalt not commit adultery
Honor thy father and mother
Remember the Sabbath day to keep it holy.
Just like a treasure map, you can use your Bible and concordance to find exciting Bible treasures. Find the solutions to the
seven clues given below. Then use these clues to answer the Bible Treasure Question at the bottom of the page
1. This person stabbed Eglon, king of Moab. Eglon was so fat that the hilt (handle) of the dagger (sword) went in with the
2. This man helped Caleb conquer the city of Debir (also called Kirjaph Sepher).
3. This prophetess went into battle with Barak against Sisera, the captain of Jabin’s army.
4. This man from Ophrah defeated the Midianites with 300 men armed with pitchers, lamps and trumpets. He is also called Jerubbaal
because he destroyed Baal’s altars.
5. This man made a foolish vow to God in exchange for victory over the Ammonites.
6. This man is the son of Manoah who delivered the people of Israel from the Philistines. He posed a riddle to his wedding
7. This person was the son of Elkanah and Hannah who went to work for the high priest as a boy. He went on to anoint the
first two kings of Israel
Bible Treasure Question
We all held the same position in Israel. What job do we all have in common?
Who are the other eight people who belong with this special group?
This is a game that I play with my family when we are traveling. It is fun and can vary in difficulty from easy
to extremely hard to suit the people playing. All you need is to know how to add (or add and subtract) and the books of the
Bible. It works like this - pick a book of the Bible and then "add" or "subtract" to get to another book. For example, Genesis
+ 3 = Numbers and Numbers - 3 = Genesis.
Try these out.
1. II Samuel + 5 = __________
2. Luke + 6 __________
3. Zephaniah - 4 = __________
4. James - 3 = __________
5. Job - 3 = __________
An easier version of this game for those who are just learning the books of the Bible is to do the "Before and After" version.
Name a book of the Bible and have someone name the book that comes before or after it or both depending on the level of challenge
you need. For example, if you named Exodus, Genesis would be before and Leviticus would be after.
Give them both a try.
Kids in Church
A Sunday school teacher asked her children, as they were on the way to church service, “And why is it necessary
to be quiet in church?” One bright little girl replied, “Because people are sleeping.”
* ~ *~
After a sermon one Sunday, Jason sobbed all the way home in the back seat of the car. His father asked him three times
what was wrong. Finally, the boy replied, “That preacher said he wanted us brought up in a Christian home, and I wanted
to stay with you guys.”
~ * ~ *~
3-year-old, Reese: “Our Father, Who does art in heaven, Harold is His name. Amen.”
~ * ~ *~
A little boy was overheard praying: “Lord, if you can’t make me a better boy, don’t worry about it.
I’m having a real good time like I am.”
~ * ~ *~
Out of the Mouth of Babes
A Sunday school teacher was discussing the Ten Commandments with her five and six year olds.
After explaining the commandment to "honor" thy Father and thy Mother, she asked, "Is there a commandment that teaches us
how to treat our brothers and sisters?"
Without missing a beat one little boy (the oldest of a family) answered, "Thou shall not kill."
-Collected from email.
If you have a Bible game or an amusing story to share, please email it to us. The best games and stories will appear here.
Now there was in Joppa a disciple named Tabitha, ....She was full of good works and acts of charity. ~Acts9:36
Copyright Information. All materials on this site are protected by copyright. The materials on this site are
the property of Tabitha's Heart or the specified author and are used with permission of the original author. Permission to
reprint must be obtained from the original author. Links to the author's sites are provided for your convenience. Nothing
on this site may be reprinted for sale. Some of the graphics are from Heartlight Christian Graphics and are used according to their guidelines.
All knitting patterns are original designs belonging to Tabitha's Heart
and are also protected by copyright. They are offered free of charge to encourage their use in knitting ministries. You
are free to use this pattern for personal and non-commercial use or for teaching knitting classes provided the classes are
offered free of charge and credit is given to the designer. You may not sell any pattern in either electronic or print form
or use it in any way for financial gain without express written permission of the owner. In short, I am not making money
from my work so you shouldn't be either. You may not distribute the pattern in print or electronic form without the express
written permission of the owner. If you would like to share this pattern with your friends, please direct them to the Tabitha's
Heart website. All materials offered by Tabitha's Heart are provided for free. We do not sell anything, nor
do we accept advertising or donations. Please report any site problems to email@example.com